Twenty Places to Visit from The Norwood
1) Torre Abbbey & the Spanish Barn: Medieval monastry, family home, historic gardens - enjoy the history, architecture, art & peace. 2 minutes walk away!
2) Cockington Village, Country Park & Cockington Court: Thatched cottages, manor house, country park & craft centre. 5 mins by car, 30 minutes walk.
3) Kent's Cavern: Prehistoric caves - 400 million years in one day. 30 minutes walk.
4) Living Coasts: Torquay's coastal zoo. 20 minutes walk.
5) Princess Theatre: The very best of West End Musical Theatre, Drama, Music & Comedy. 15 minutes walk.
6) Greenway: Agatha Christie's holiday home and homage to her life. 20 minte drive - excursions available.
7) Berry Head: Fabulous views, site of special scientific interest and a vistor centre with a cafe! 20 minutes walk from Brixham Harbour.
15) Buckfast Abbey: Experience the tranquility of a working monastery - beautiful abbey, gardens & shops. 45 minute drive.
16) Splashdown Waterpark: Prepare to get wet! 20 minute drive.
17) South Devon Railway & Totnes: Steam trains, riverside walks, museum & Totnes town. 30 minute drive
18) Exeter: Beautiful cathedral, caves, shops and big city sights. While away a sunny afternoon at the Quay-side. 50 minute drive/train ride.
19) Dartmoor: Wild & wonderful national park with week's of walking. 30 minute drive.
20) Plymouth: A city by the sea. Famous for The Hoe & its dockside. 50 min drive/train ride.
Let us know your favourites and we will include them here.
8) Torquay Museum: Travel back through time - Ancient Egypt exhibition currently in situ. 25 minutes walk. 10 minute bus ride.
9) South West Coastal Path: Torquay is located on the beautiful coastal path - walk to your heart's content.
10) Babbacombe Model Village: Beautiful models, gardens & indoor attractions. 45 minute walk, 15 minute bus ride.
11) Coleton Fishacre: Travel back to the 1920s jazz age at the home of the D'Oyly Carte family. Impressive house and gardens. 30 minute drive.
12) Castle Drogo: Last castle built in England, a remarkable fortress high above the Teign Gorge on Dartmoor. 40 minute drive.
13) Paignton-Dartmouth Steam Railway: The best way to travel to the naval town of Dartmouth. Train from Torquay Station - 7 minutes walk.
14) The Golden Hind: Full sized replica of Sir Francis Drake's famous ship in all its detail. 20 minute drive. No 12 Bus.
The Norwood Guesthouse also makes a great base from which to explore Devon, Cornwall and the South West.
You can travel through the scenic South Hams stopping off at beaufiful Blackpool Sands (no dogs allowed) along the inspiring Slapton Sands and on to Salcombe. Try the dramatic North Devon coast with plenty of moorland and coastal walks.
Torquay also makes a great holiday or short break destination if you need to unwind and get away from it all. There is a great choice of dining venues in Torquay - ranging from Michelin Star restaurants to takeaway outlets.
As resident proprietors, we are always on hand to answer any questions or help you get the most out of your stay. Just ask.
Some of the most popular places to visit are listed below. Click on the links below to visit website.