Access Statement for The Norwood Guest House
Access Statement for The Norwood Guest House
The Norwood is a nine bedroom guest house set in the popular area of Belgravia in Torquay. All of our rooms are en-suite and have ironing facilities, free view television, hair dryers and coffee-making facilities. The Norwood is part of a Victorian terrace with Italianate facade, creating an attractive frontage to Belgrave Road.
• If you wish to book with us or make an enquiry, you may contact us by telephone (01803 294 236) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We are situated on one of the main thoroughfares to the seafront in Torquay, making access by car simple and manageable.
• The nearest railway station is Torquay which is approximately 0.6 miles away. Taxis run regularly from the station and cost less than £5 to The Norwood. Alternatively, the walk from the station along Falkland Road to The Norwood takes approximately ten minutes.
• Local buses run along Belgrave Road & Lucius Street which is just across the road from us, making the town centre, harbour and seafront as well as Paignton, Brixham and Babbacombe easily accessible.
• There are several local taxi companies in Torbay. We tend to use Torbay Cab Company Limited – telephone 01803 292 292 or visit their website www.torbaycabcompany.co.uk.
• Torquay town centre is approximately 0.6 miles away or a five to ten minute walk, depending upon your precise destination. The number 32 bus from Lucius Street takes to three minutes to reach the town centre.
• There are numerous shops and restaurants nearby including The Bull and Bush which is less than a minute’s walk away and the Bombay Express which is just two minutes’ walk away.
Arrival and Car-Parking Facilities
• We have car parking behind the building for three cars, but no rear access to the guest house. The route back to the main entrance is flat and well-lit at night. We will try to reserve a parking space if requested in advance. We also have a long-standing arrangement with a nearby hotel which has a larger car-park.
• There is ample parking on the roads around The Norwood, providing unlimited parking.
• On arrival, you are able to stop outside The Norwood to unload luggage and we are more than willing to assist you.
Main Entrance and Reception
• There are seven steps to climb to the main hall and reception, but there is a handrail and we are always on hand to assist. There is a bell to the left of the main entrance to attract our attention.
• On arrival we will complete the formalities of booking-in at the reception desk located in the hall. We will also issue keys and provide details regarding meal times and the building layout before escorting you to your room.
• We always offer a complimentary tea and/or coffee on arrival with biscuits for the peckish.
Public Internal Areas
• All rooms and corridors are carpeted for your comfort.
• The dining room is located on the lower ground floor which is accessed by a flight of stairs at the rear of the ground floor hall.
Public Areas – Toilet Facilities
• There is a public toilet at the far end of the ground floor corridor.
• All rooms are en-suite and have their own toilet facilities.
• Breakfast is served between 8.30 and 9.30am in the dining room on the lower ground floor.
• A table with your room number will have been prepared for you.
• A menu will be on your table detailing your breakfast choices.
• There is one family/twin room on the ground floor – Room 2 - which has a double and a single bed and can sleep up to three people. The en-suite has a shower.
• On the first floor we have Room 4 which, like Room 2, is a family/twin room with a double and a single bed together with an en-suite with a shower.
• There are also two double rooms on the first floor: Room 5 has an en-suite with a shower whilst Room 7 has a bath with a shower over the bath.
• On the second floor is our Select Double Room – Room 8 – which has a king-sized bed and an en-suite with a shower.
• On the second floor is Room 9 which is a Standard Double room with a brass bed and an en-suite with a shower.
• On the third floor we have Room 14 which has a double and two single beds together with an en-suite with a shower.
• Rooms 15 and 16 are family/twin rooms with a double and a single bed in each. Both have an en-suite with a shower.
Grounds and Garden
• The small front garden is landscaped with shrubs and flower-beds. There is a chair for you to sit in the midst of the small garden if you wish.
• The guest house is fully alarmed with an L2 wireless system. In the event of the alarm being sounded, please make your way out of the building via the front door and assemble on the pavement outside The Norwood.
• The front door can always be opened from the inside to allow easy escape in the case of a fire.
• We are a completely non-smoking establishment.
• We allow dogs to stay by arrangement free of charge.
• Address: The Norwood, 60 Belgrave Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 5HY
• Telephone: 01803 294 236
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.norwoodhoteltorquay.co.uk
• Hours of operation: open all year.
We are constantly upgrading and striving to improve the facilities we provide.
We welcome your feedback: if you have any comments, please phone 01803
294 236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.